Is your website looking old and stale?
Technology is constantly changing and so must your website. You cannot just let it sway in the online breeze.
Here are some tips on what makes an attention grabbing, quality website:
- Make it easy to read. Are the fonts large and clear? Is the content easy to skim? Use headlines and bulleted items.
- Create a unique experience. What makes your site stand apart from the competition?
- Include a search box visible on all pages.
- Eliminate animated graphics. Flashing, garish graphics are quite annoying, slow down your site and should be avoided.
- Simplify your navigation. Get to the point. Allow the user to find what they want immediately.
- Choose your design layout and color scheme wisely. Consult with an expert for best results.
Remember that viewers decide in an instant whether to read your website or click away. Make sure your site really grabs and keeps their attention.
What are your pet peeves about websites?