Postcards and Direct Mail Pieces
Increase Sales with Postcards
Postcards are a great way to get big marketing results from little cards. You make it easy for customers to buy your product or service, and your advertising dollars stretch further.
With postcards you can increase the response to your sales message or subscriptions to your newsletter. As annoying as we may find those multiple reply cards that fall out of our magazines, publishers will tell you that the response they generate far outweighs the nuisance factor. Even on a small scale, reply cards work wonders. And don’t we all enjoy getting a postcard in the mail?
Whether as reply cards, newsletters, or announcements, postcards have multiple advantages over other means of contacting customers. Their size makes them less expensive to produce and mail.
Make postcards part of your marketing plan in one or more of these ways:
- As subscription or renewal reminders for newsletters, magazines, and other periodicals.
- Order forms for almost any type of product or service.
- Postcard Newsletters (newscards).
- Survey forms.
- Mini-news releases or announcements.
You can increase the effectiveness of your marketing postcards with one or more of these techniques:
- Prepaid return postage.
- Pre-addressed return address on card or a pre-addressed envelope.
- Color. Neon-bright paper, pre-printed paper, or glossy photo-postcards attract attention.
- Plenty of room to fill in names and addresses, and easy-to-read large type.
- Check-boxes that allow the recipient to quickly fill out order forms or surveys.
- Incentives such as free gifts or drawings for prizes to entice recipients to return surveys or other types of reply cards.
Include your mailing address, phone number, email and website. This is very important and often forgotten.
Repeat any special marketing message that is found in accompanying marketing materials.
Call to action.
Always tell the recipient what to do with the postcard (and every direct mail piece and ad). “Fill it out & drop it in the mail” may seem obvious, but say it anyway. It works.
Here are a few samples of our postcard creations.