One of the most popular parts of the new Web 2.0 or Social Media is blogging. Using the format of blogging to help promote your business is a powerful way to reach new clients. The whole purpose of writing a blog is to constantly create new content. All search engines, such as Google, Yahoo and Bing, love blogs because they pick up on the new content, especially if it is optimized correctly. This is a great way for your blog to be listed high up in search results.
How does this relate to your business and it’s success? Just follow these simple steps:
- Create content that people want to read. You want to be a useful resource, so make sure whatever you’re writing about is something people will learn from.
- Include keywords, but make sure the copy is easy to read, short, to the point and useful.
- Bulleted items and lists are very helpful for those who skim.
- Make sure to include a link to your website (unless your blog is your website). Don’t include too may links to your website as search engines may interpret that as spam and reject your site.
- If you do link to your website, it’s best to link to a specific “landing page” that covers the topic of your blog.
Why not write a new blog post every day?! It’s a great new habit that will pay you back with more people interested in your business. It doesn’t have to be very long. Just interesting.
Want more information? Call Chuck at 310-791-5803.