There are several ways to make your website more search engine friendly. Here are some of the simple ones:
- Add a Title (Heading) Tag to each page, also known as a Page Title. This should relate to what is on each individual page.
- Add a Meta Description to each page (no more than 150 characters).
- Research and and add Keywords to all the pages. Again, should relate to the copy.
- Register your site with the major search engines (Google, Yahoo!, Bing).
- Set up a site map which should include all your pages.
- Make sure you are listed on the major online local directories in your field.
- Create a blog on your site, or link to it and write regular, remarkable copy (such as this). This let’s your customers interact with your company on a regular basis instead of just having a brochure online. We recommend using WordPress.org.
- Create a Twitter account and contribute to it regularly. Give helpful information and links as well as tell about yourself.
- Create a Facebook Fan page for your company and create content regularly.
- Get as many links to your site from other high ranking sites. This can be the result of having great content on your site.
This is just the beginning. Search Engine Optimization is a great way to get your website known. Being listed high up on the search engine results pages can be quite a complex and ever changing challenge. Enjoy. Or hire the professional.
Leave a Reply