Times are tough. And everyone is out to get a good deal. But it’s really hard to pay your bills when you work for free. So here’s some tips on getting paid for your work in the service industry.
1. Agree on a price and get a deposit. I prefer 50%.
2. Make sure the deposit goes through. Sometimes those pesky checks have a way of bouncing out of your bank account. And this incurs an ugly fee.
3. Do the job on time and do it well. Who wants to pay for a crummy job. Great work means happy customers.
4. Get paid in advance for services you sub out. Sometimes clients have a way of disappearing, even if they give a deposit.
5. Get paid for the job upon completion.
Beware of these excuses:
6. I’ll pay you next week. I need the job now. (That’s what credit cards are for. Otherwise no deal.)
7. I have lots more work to give you. I will keep you so busy. Please just let me have this now. (That work will never come. If it does, good luck getting paid for it too.)
8. How about a trade? (Usually the trade is for something you don’t want or need, if you ever get it.)
Remember, your time is worth money. Check out this link:
Leave a Reply